Twitter

Saturday 29 March 2014

'Your song has ended.. but your melody lingers on'

 I've been meaning to read the 'Long walk to freedom' book by the late Tata Nelson Mandela,the founding President of our Democratic South Africa who succumbed to a recurring Lung infection on the 5th December 2013.
I finally did and I must say words cannot begin to describe how inspired I am,not just of his successes and how colossal he'd became in the 95 years he'd lived but of his humility above everything,he's forgiving spirit,how he handled/ conquered obstacles and how much of a simple man he was just to name a few.

One of my favourite quotes is; “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” No-one is fearless,that's impossible but learning how to control fear is something I learn from him.
There can only be one Nelson Mandela,but going forward we South Africans should learn a lot from this man!

I'd like to command Mama Winnie Madikizela Mandela for not just being by Tata's side for 38 years but till his soul departed even years after their divorce,Mama Graca Machel for giving him a happy ending! We owe a debt of gratitude to the Mandela family.

 “Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity” Nelson Mandela

1918-Forever!!.

-KAT-LE-GO

No comments:

Post a Comment